James W. Scarbrough, Partner
Jimmy Scarbrough is a trial lawyer focused on premises liability, products liability, catastrophic injury/wrongful death, and professional negligence. He has successfully tried personal injury cases throughout Georgia in both State and Federal Court. Jimmy represents publicly traded companies, national insurance companies, and nationwide and regional restaurant chains and retail stores.
Jimmy has been recognized as a ‘Super Lawyer Rising Star’ by Atlanta Magazine, an honor bestowed on just 2.5% of the lawyers in Georgia. In addition, several of his cases have been in the Fulton County Daily Report.
Jimmy is active in the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association. He currently serves on the Editorial Board for the Georgia Defense Lawyer newsletter. He has also lectured at CLE functions and provided targeted training for clients.
Jimmy is a “Double Dawg”. He received his JD, cum laude, from the University of Georgia School of Law, where he was a member of the Journal of Intellectual Property Editorial Board. He also holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Georgia.
Jimmy is a native Atlantan. He lives in Dunwoody with his wife, Betsy, and two children, Elizabeth and Will. Jimmy is active in the Atlanta community as a volunteer and is a member at Peachtree Road United Methodist Church. He also coaches soccer at Dunwoody United Methodist Church. Jimmy enjoys golf and softball but Saturday afternoons in the fall are spent in Athens cheering on the Dawgs.
- Premises Liability
- Catastrophic Injury/Wrongful Death
- Common Carrier Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Negligence
- All Georgia trial and appellate courts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- A.B. from University of Georgia in Political Science
- J.D. from University of Georgia School of Law
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association